Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Choices

It isn't always easy finding vegan options when I am out and about with the kids. I have a little list of things that can be found at fast food places (McDonald's fruit pies and Subway Veggie sub) but sometimes my plans fall through.

The two babies had their hearing checked early this morning (they were fine) and after we were done, we thought we would reward them with breakfast at the McDonalds in Walmart. Well, I got up and placed my order only to find out that the only vegan option at McDonald's is not available during breakfast hours. But rather than give in and get a vegetarian option instead, I ordered a cup of coffee for myself as a treat and went into Walmart and picked up some nuts for myself.

I am proud of myself. I had a small portion of a breakfast that was rich in fiber, phytonutrients and antioxidants such as Vitamin E, selenium, plant sterols and omega 3. This time of year, there are so many temptations and if I can stick to my guns this time of year, I can do it anytime.

I have also been thinking about makeup and trying to find vegan options for that too. I don't eat animal products it seems gross to me to spread them on my face, you know?

1 comments:

Julie said...

They use animal products in makeup? ... Yuck! (I don't wear makeup)

http://goingmyweigh.wordpress.com/

http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

"Pitter Patter" designed by Twisted Cinderella